While Whipple broke many rules and records with its record setting S550 supercharger system, holding the title of the most powerful, most advanced supercharger system available, we weren’t satisified and decided to build an all new supercharger from the ground up. The incredible results speak for themselves, the stage 2 supercharger system pumps out an astounding 850* flywheel HP and 660* foot pounds of torque on pump gas! The Stage 2 features an extra 300rpm until redline, high flow fuel pump, 132mm billet throttle body and 1psi higher boost.
The new, direct and port injected supercharger system features the brand new Generation 5 3.0L front feed twin-screw supercharger. Not to be confused with the Gen 3 or 4, this all new supercharger features industry leading efficiency from idle to redline. All new bearings, gears, rotors and housing allow the new supercharger to spin faster, longer and safer while producing more power than any other positive displacement supercharger ever built. The new Gen 5 features an all new 3/4 rotor combination vs previous 3/5, 285 deg helix vs previous 270 deg, new bell mouth inlet, optimizied dishcarge port and increased diameter vs length for higher efficiency.
The 2018 also features an all new patent pending triple intercooler design that has even more volume and surface area than the already massive Whipple Cooler that cooled the Ford Cobra Jets and all the record setting S550 Mustangs. Couple this with the industry’s leading heat exchanger, water reservoir and intercooler pump, you get more power with lower boost levels and quicker recovery times after aggressive operation.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability. Each Whipple kit comes with unique software and a OBDII flash tool giving the customer the ability to flash/update whenever needed. Each customer also gets the new Flight Control Software, ability to adjust wheel/axle size, octane adjustment, crank/cam relearn and many other unique features.
Each complete Whipple system comes with the IAT2 harness and sensor to properly monitor the delta between the incoming air and the compressed air after the intercoolers, this helps maximize power in all given enviornments. The 6-rib billet idler system features a billet spring loaded tensioner, billet idler pulleys and lightweight pocketed supercharger pulley. The 6-rib can easily be upgraded to a 10-rib with the optional 10-rib system. Each system comes with an adjustable idler pulley to allow variance in SC pulleys with minimal belt length changes. The massive 150mm Roval inlet allows for nearly any throttle body to be run, 80mm stock, 132mm or 150mm throttle bodies.
The Whipple S550 Mustang system uses custom made Magnetti Marelli 38lb/hr (@ 3 bar) dual spray pattern fuel injectors and billet fuel rails, 156% larger than stock 17lb/hr. Every fuel line and rubber hose is emissions compliant and features quick connect style for simple installation. Each injector is pre-tested and flow matched. No other fuel system mods are required.
The factory fuel pump is replaced with the DW400 which features 400LPH, 56% more capacity than the stock fuel pump, allowing for proper flow capacity in all conditions.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS S550 EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
– Largest intercooler system on the market, featuring patent pending triple core technology
– Billet 132mm high flow throttle pre-set with factory electronics
– No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
– Front entry Gen 5 W185ax (3.0 liters/3000cc) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
– Gen 5 supercharger features new 3×4 rotor combination for increased RPM capacity, large diameter for increased airflow and small leak path, increased helix for optimal sealing
– 3.0L is 13% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
– Oversized Crusher™ 150mm inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
– Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
– Patent pending triple intercooler technology with massive dual 1″ inlet port capacity
– Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercoolers (over 55% larger than some competition) offer more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
– Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
– High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
– Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
– Included OBDII flash tool, new Tomahawk flash tool with the new Flight Control technology
– Tomahawk allows wheel/tire axle changes (a Whipple exclusive)
– 38 lb/hr dual pattern fuel injectors vs stock 17lb/hr stock injectors
– Exclusive 3×4 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4×4 roots
– Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
– Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
– More boost at the “hit” than any other twin-screw
– Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
– High flow fuel pump replaces stock pump
– Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps, 150% more volume than competition, standard with every kit
– Fits under factory hood with no modifications
– No cutting or grinding on the engine block
– No cutting or grinding the K-brace
– No internal modifications required
– Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
– Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
– Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
– Optional 10-rib belt system with matching 6061 T6 billet pulleys
– OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
– Complete kits and competition kits are available
– Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
– Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle body (132mm or 150mm Roval elliptical), dual electric Spal 11″ high speed fans, optional supercharger pulleys
– Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
– 3 minute pulley changes
– Easy belt changes
– Lightweight pocketed 6061 T6 billet aluminum SC pulley
– NGK Iridium spark plugs included